Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » FastCAD 32/EasyCAD 32 » Explode

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Explode
corymbia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corymbia   Email corymbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my business I receive complete CAD drawings that I need to simplify. One operation is to explode certain features to change for instance the colour. Once I have exploded the item and changed the colour the item is in many segments where as originally it was one segment.
How can I change the items back to the single segment format. IE how do you reverse the explode function.

Peter Olsson
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Olsson   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Olsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on what you explode. If you explode a group (same as ungroup) you need to recreate the group with the GROUP command. If you explode an multipoly you need to recreate it with MPOLY2 etc.

Explode will always throw away information.

It should be possible to change for example color without exploding the object. Have you tried the unlock button, edit symdef etc?

If you really need to explode, make sure you do it on a separate sheet or similar there it is easy to recreate the object afterwards.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.