Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » FastCAD/EasyCAD DOS » FastCAD DOS path forward

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FastCAD DOS path forward
Randy_Grewe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy_Grewe   Email Randy_Grewe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New board member here. I’m the new IT Manager at a manufacturing company. The owner of the company has been happily using FastCAD DOS since the late 1980’s to design parts and machines. His DOS machine crashed last week (after 23 years of faithful service), and caused a bit of a problem. I rebuilt the DOS machine and got him going again, but as you can probably guess, this is a very risky situation for us.

I downloaded the 14 day trial of the FastCAD v7.5 product, but I do not seem to be able to open a .FCD file in that version.

My questions are:

-- How do I tell what version of FastCAD DOS? I’m concerned that the files created with it may be too old to open in FastCAD v7.5.

-- What options have you seen used to get these documents into something more current?

Thank you for any advice or direction you can give.

Bill Reid
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Reid   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Reid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you open one of the FCD files in a text editor the first line will show the FastCAD version that created it.
jglatham
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jglatham   Email jglatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact John Steen @ john(at)fastcad.com
From: Nogales, Arizona usa  | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy666   Author's Homepage   Email jimmy666   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was using my MacBook well until on DOS until this error keeps popping up where my FCD files were all being corrupted at a rapid pace. I had huge data on my laptop, hence, I had to visit Apple Support UK to be absolutely assured whether they can be retrieved or not. I didn't, unfortunately, retrieve the files corrupted but I saved the other files.
Johnson

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my MacBook os x I have two roots the second one has two forward slashes. I wondering what that is. I searched Apple Mac Support everywhere but can't find any information about this.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.