Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » XP Toolkit » FastCAD add-on development?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FastCAD add-on development?
ChrisCookDev

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisCookDev   Author's Homepage   Email ChrisCookDev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

We have a customer who is currently using FCAD DOS with a bespoke toolkit we created some time ago.

However, as their hardware is on its last legs, they're looking to upgrade to Windows 7 and the latest version of FastCAD.

As a consequence, we need to evaluate what would be involved in re-developing our old bespoke software and I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to use the C# programming language or is C++/assembler the only option?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
--
Chris Cook :: Software Development Manager :: www.genesisit.co.uk

mriddle
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mriddle   Email mriddle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no interface to C#. The FastCAD 7 toolkit supports C++ or MASM development only. There are no plans to migrate this to C# or other languages.

FastCAD v8 supports only C++ for its toolkit, as it is relatively easy to port between different architectures, such as Apple's OSX and Linux. It will also support both 32 and 64-bit code. Its drawback is that it is not yet released, nor is the product complete or mature. I would recommend v7 at this time, implemented in C++.

If you are interested in v8, send me your direct contact info and email (use a private message on this forum please) and I'll be glad to add you to the v8 beta test list, so you can evaluate the feasibility of using v8 for your needs and toolkit development.

The v8 toolkit goes far beyond CAD, and is currently being used for applications such as System Dynamics modelling, internet distributed systems, graphics and CAD, etc. It provides *easy* asynchronous non-locking multi-threading. V8 is written using the toolkit API itself, rather than the other way around, and represents over 10 years of development.

The v8 toolkit is available and in use today, and would require only a signed NDA for use limited to evaluation. It can be used to create stand-alone apps as well as v8 plug-ins.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.