Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » FastCAD v7 » V7.58 Update vs. Full Install

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: V7.58 Update vs. Full Install
Paul Alciatore

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Alciatore   Email Paul Alciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have V7.57 and want to update to V7.58 to keep up to date. But I see that there are two downloads available, one for an Update and the other for a Full install. I assume that I can download and use either version.

I have a number of macros, icons, and revised menus. The last time I updated it took me several hours to update all of them. I am wondering what the differences between the full install and the update are and if I will retain any or all of the above customizations if I use the update version.

From: Beaumont, Texas, USA  | Report this post to a Moderator
jglatham
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jglatham   Email jglatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think there is really any difference between the upgrade version and the full install.
Although you might have to enter serial number and activation code if you use the full install.

I have consistently upgraded FastCAD and all I can say is, back up any customized files you have: fcw7.mnu, fcw7.cfg, fcw7.mac, as these should be where you customization has taken place. I generally have a directory called BU, in which I keep copies of any files I have modified. I also keep a directory called Orig. After upgrading it's just a matter of copying the original files into the Orig folder (just in case) and copying the files in the BU folder into the FCW750 folder.

From: Nogales, Arizona usa  | Report this post to a Moderator
mriddle
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mriddle   Email mriddle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said, Jeff. Save and restore any changed files, regardless of full install or update. Difference is that update only includes files that differ since original 7.5 release, and update requires and preserves the current activation.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.