Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » FastCAD v7 » Converting lines to a single poly line for laser cutting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Converting lines to a single poly line for laser cutting
Jason Kovac

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Kovac   Email Jason Kovac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way to convert multiple lines and radius to a single poly line for laser cutting? Its a option I am told on other platforms but I don't know how with FastCad.

I am on 7.50 and using Win 8.1

| Report this post to a Moderator
jglatham
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jglatham   Email jglatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about Draw/Multipoly? This will create a 2D shape with multiple entities, assuming they have common end points. Only disadvantage - Area calc is not available.
From: Nogales, Arizona usa  | Report this post to a Moderator
ohar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohar   Email ohar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PolyLines is one of the most basic CAD entities, especially if you are converting to DXF format which is the typical format that Laser Cutters require.

No there is no instant command that turns all connected lines selected into a polyline. I typically create my artwork, use the POLY command to trace over the top. This also gives me the ability to shape line segments over curves to whatever resolution I choose, one line segment at a time.

After the POLY is finished, I just erase the original construction entities.

From: Manchester, New Hampshire, USA  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Kovac

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Kovac   Email Jason Kovac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the Multipoly does that I need. Thanks!
 | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.