Evolution Computing Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Evolution Computing Forum » FastCAD v7 » Work Dwg status window Drop menu missing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work Dwg status window Drop menu missing
Mike Christian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Christian   Email Mike Christian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bought a new computer and have started installing all my software. I did a fresh install of FastCAD 7.58 (Win 10 Pro 64) and it works fine. However, I have been refamiliarizing myself with FastCAD, and have noticed when I open a SEPARATE drawing, although the drawing does open, and the name of that drawing appears in the Status Window at the top of the drawing window, there is no drop down menu arrow to select the various drawings that may be open. IOW, there is no way to get to the previously opened drawings except to CLOSE the drawing the was opened as a SEPARATE drawing. Is my install corrupted, or has something changed since the Ver 7.56 HELP file was drafted? Thanx, Mike
Bill Reid
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Reid   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Reid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the Properties bar set at visible in the screen tools (TOOLS) dialog?
Mike Christian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Christian   Email Mike Christian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill. I have tired turning on (and off) the Properties bar (as well as all the other bars - tracking, etc.). The Working Drawing Status window does show the file name of the current drawing, but there is no pull down menu to select another separate drawing that may be loaded. From what I can tell (after reading the Ver 7.5x manual and the Ver 7.56 Help file) the Work Dwg Status bar is available even with all the toolbars hidden. But that isn't my issue: I have the box with the current file name in it, I just don't have a pull down menu (no arrow, just a box with the filename in it). The line across the top of the drawing window has the VIEW NAME box to the left, then the Working Drawing Status box (sans pull down) and finally the drawing window icons to the extreme right. It's not a problem for me because when I use "separate drawings" I usually just am copy/pasting one thing through the clipboard. But if I need more than one, I have to keep opening and closing the separate drawing.
Mike Christian

Hi Bill. I have tried turning on (and off) the Properties bar (as well as all the other bars - tracking, etc.). The Working Drawing Status window does show the file name of the current drawing, but there is no pull down menu to select another separate drawing that may be loaded. From what I can tell (after reading the Ver 7.5x manual and the Ver 7.56 Help file) the Work Dwg Status bar is available even with all the toolbars hidden. But that isn't my issue: I have the box with the current file name in it, I just don't have a pull down menu (no arrow, just a box with the filename in it). The line across the top of the drawing window has the VIEW NAME box to the left, then the Working Drawing Status box (sans pull down) and finally the drawing window icons to the extreme right. It's not a problem for me because when I use "separate drawings" I usually just am copy/pasting one thing through the clipboard. But if I need more than one, I have to keep opening and closing the separate drawing.
Mike Christian

Bill, please forgive my "senior moment"! What I **thought** was the current drawing status window, is in fact just the name of the drawing that5 is shown in the drawing window, NOT the status Work Dwg Status menu. As you said, that is on the PROPERTIES Bar. Sorry for my mistake, and thanx for responding.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Evolution Computing, Inc.

©2010 Evolution Computing, Inc.